Sunday, March 30

1, 20, or 50

I bought a book for someone today...they haven't received it yet, but they will in the near future. I like giving surprise, for-no-reason gifts once in a while... It's light, fluffy subject matter - intended to entertain you and your drinking buddies, or simply help you pass the time (and other things...) while seeing a man about a horse. I prefer the former.

Here's a sample from the book:
Someone has left a $20 bill floating in the toilet in a public restroom. The water appears clean. What do you do? Would your answer change if it was a $1 or a $50?

...

I have no shame. I would pick it up no matter the value. Money's money. There are 75% more infectious germs on the door handle of the stall and the handle of the sink combined than in the water of the toilet bowl alone. Ok, I made that up, but it just might be true. Think about it. The toilet flushes repeatedly, the water that enters is clean, your urine is sterile when it exits your body...I know the other stuff isn't, but still. Most money has plenty of funk on it already, and we handle with abandon. So, the next time you ask to borrow money from me, think twice about it. It could be from my "potty cash" stash.

No comments: