Sunday, March 30

Confidence of the Innocent

Overcast skies, slight drizzle, eventual sunshine and cool breezes...very nice weather to accompany my very nice weekend. This was one of the most relaxing weekends I've had in a long time. I spent Friday night taking my daughter, Platinum, to "Awesome Grocery Store" for our standard eve of dinner and live music. She is such a social butterfly; I love watching her work a crowd. Every time she strikes up a conversation with a stranger I glow with pride - proud that she is bolder than I was at her age, proud that she has oodles of confidence in her adorable 42 pound body. More about that later...

My friend, Rugby, went with us. We enjoyed some excellent pizza and a very smooth, velvety Australian Shiraz. Man, that was some good wine! I did tear the little 'remember this wine' tab off so i could get it again next time. Anyway, we had a nice relaxing time with easy conversation, and Platinum was really into exploring. She (verbally) negotiated her way into getting across the little retaining pond with Rugby. She's really good at negotiating. I see either legal defense/prosecution, or car sales in her professional future - let's all hope for the former (better get to savin'!). Rugby was a great sport and gave her a shoulder ride across the rocks and all down the trail on the other side of the hill. She had a blast, and was quite worn out by the time we got in the car to go home at 9:45pm. She passed out in the car, and I carried my flour sack of a child in to her bedroom and gave her an extra long hug as I considered my somewhat sad thoughts that came up as I had watched her being her usual, social self.

The "more about this later" part will indeed have to wait, as I am super tired from my fabulous weekend...which included a multi-stage, blissful date with 'Stache :-) It is absolutely post-worthy, but I might keep this good time to myself - don't wanna jinx anything, ya know? Trying to stick to my previously stated oath and all...

No comments: