Friday, April 11

Room. Room. Room. Room. Room...

Have you ever said a word often enough in a short period of time that it ended up sounding like complete gibberish? I clicked on a link in a friend's email today that was about mysterious brain functions. Most of it was about deja vu and related phenomena, but there was one part that was about brain fatigue and its effects. If you say (and according to the article, write) a simple common word often enough and as quickly as possible, you can turn it into something utterly meaningless. I did that with the word "room" today. Talking about clearing out space in my house left me muttering the word "room" repeatedly to myself this morning and eventually giggling at what a silly word it was.

I promise I am not high.

...

I was thinking of what to do with my soon-to-be-empty rooms. Hey - here's an idea: leave them empty!! That is the most likely scenario, but I am also thinking of putting a vintage typewriter in the one that faces the street. Just a typewriter and some paper. Maybe one of my antique lamps too. It would be an ideal writing room set-up... no distractions, peace and quiet, space. I have started on a journey of Fifty-Five Fiction. Look it up.

No comments: